Madame Cyrus

As one present Disney Star rises, a former Nickelodeon star falls. In light of the Miley Cyrus fiasco, do you believe celebrities have a social responsibility to behave in a particular manner? I have a niece who is now 10, however she was 3 years old watching Hannah Montana when she first appeared on television in 2006. She now sees Miley as a young woman(no longer a child kiddie pop star) completely naked swinging on a wrecking ball. I'm all for women's liberation, but wow. Can this even be considered ART? I don't think my niece will travel downtown in her birthday suit anytime soon looking for a suitable piece of construction equipment to climb up on; but, will this drastic change in behavior and image affect how my niece, or any little girl for that matter, handles herself as she grows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Should've Been Said About the Kanye West Interview

The Nigga Got Smart (Django Unchained Movie Review)

Losing/Finding Me: